Are you an independent company or business looking to take advantage of the business opportunities offered by Amazon? Find out more about Amazon Marketplace. A global online sales platform to boost your e-commerce business. Follow our guide to start selling products on Amazon with confidence.
Why sell on Marketplace ?
Because Amazon enjoys a very high level of notoriety and traffic, both in France and internationally. By creating your own Amazon online store, you'll be able to reach a vast customer base and boost your sales.
Who can sell on Amazon?
All third-party sellers can decide to sell on Amazon Marketplace. This applies in particular to companies, but also to independent retailers wishing to develop their online business.
What products can I sell on Amazon?
All types of products can be sold on Amazon. marketplace offers no fewer than 26 categories: high-tech, culture, home, food, automotive, DIY... Products can be new, used, reconditioned...
Sell your products
Once you've registered, you'll be able to quickly set up a full-fledged Amazon store, without needing any web development skills. Add your products and categorize them so that they can be easily found by Internet users. It's up to you to create attractive product sheets containing all legal and mandatory information. Indicate your stock levels, add photos, collect customer reviews...
Promote your store
To attract more customers and generate more sales, marketplace offers an advertising service. Depending on your communication budget, you can promote your products with banner ads, placed in strategic locations (home page, etc.) and display your product data sheets at the top of search results.
Manage your sales
Amazon's shipping service Marketplace simplifies your sales management. You can easily track and manage your inventory, as well as set up a responsive and practical customer service, with a product returns system.
Ship your orders
To simplify your sales process, Amazon offers you its own shipping system. Amazon Prime customers can benefit from express delivery and reduced or free shipping. However, you can choose another delivery service, depending on your preferences.
Amazon commission Marketplace
To benefit from the reputation and services of Amazon's marketplace , you are asked to pay a commission on your sales.
- For small sellers (less than 40 sales per month): a commission of €0.99 (excl. VAT) per item sold + additional selling expenses. The use of advanced sales tools (e.g. API) is not available for this type of profile.
- For professional sellers (more than 40 sales per month): a fee of €39 excl. tax per month + additional sales charges. All sales tools are available, as well as restricted product categories.
Marketplace payment terms
Depending on the day of the sale, payment from marketplaces can take from a few days to over a month. On Amazon, the system we've set up allows you to receive payment for your sales within 14 to 28 days, depending on the situation, with an average of around 20 days.
Take advantage of D+1 payment on Amazon Marketplace with QashfloAmazon selling costs
How do I get started on Amazon Marketplace ?
Now you know how Amazon's marketplace works, in theory. Now it's time to put it into practice! Here's how to set up an Amazon store in just a few key steps:
- Create a pro seller account on marketplace and register your company in the Trademarks Register.
- Log in to your Seller Central account.
- Create your store in the "Store" section.
- Choose the eShop model that best suits your business (window display, product grid, scrolling banner...).
- Build your pages, your product sheets...
- Submit for publication once the store is complete.
- Wait for your request to be validated and follow the progress bar.
- Manage it easily from your Store Builder, once your store is online.